Apply for Vacancy for Resource Manager at University of California in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Under the general direction of the Head, Access & Operations, manages all Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery Service (DDS) activities for the Langson and Science Libraries with a coordinating responsibility for the Grunigen Medical Center Library’s interlibrary loan functions. Provides proactive leadership of the ILL Team. Also, responsible for assuring the consistent and timely lending, borrowing, and delivery of all types of material. Likewise, Leads staff in continuous analysis and improvement of ILL and DDS processes. Also, resolves complex problems referred by other staff members. Compiles and analyzes statistics on a regular basis. Oversees the provision of excellent in-person and electronic ILL customer service.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and evaluating staff in a unionized environment.
- Also, College degree and 5 or more years of experience working in a research or academic library.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, writing, and implementing operational procedures and workflows.
- Similarly, skill to motivate staff in a quickly changing environment.
- Proven ability to interact diplomatically with library users and provide excellent customer service.
- Proven organizational skills to meet deadlines and demonstrated flexibility and skill to satisfy priorities by directing workflow of staff performing multiple functions.
- Likewise, ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Also, superior ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, with supervisors, staff, library colleagues, and patrons.
- Demonstrated skill to analyze problems.
- Furthermore, demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve discrepancies in bibliographic records.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively and to promote teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness within UCI Libraries and the campus.
- Moreover, working knowledge of office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Strong knowledge of interlibrary loan systems (e.g. Alma, Tipasa, VDX, OCLC Worldshare).
- Commitment to working in a team-based environment.
- Also, ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Similarly, skill to make short and long term plans for operations programs and projects.
- Skill to prepare and monitor budgetary documents.
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a professional manner following the Library’s emergency and security procedures.
- Additionally, ability to apply and adhere to library policies and explain them to patrons.
- Knowledge of copyright law.
- Substantial knowledge of Inter-library Loan best practices.
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.