Apply for Vacancy for Scholarship Coordinator at University of California in the USA. The category for this job is Financial Aid.
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Also, the culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
- Provides routine guidance and information to students on finding appropriate scholarships on using the Scholarship Connection database (500+ clearinghouse for information on scholarships funded by sources outside the University).
- Furthermore, filters and synthesizes information from the hundreds of local, national, and international scholarship notices the OURS office receives every year; consults with the Scholarships Manager if unsure about including resources in the database.
- Likewise, researches and contacts scholarship sponsors for additional details about deadlines and eligibility.
- Counsels undergraduates and recent alumni on external scholarship options and opportunities, including customized services for specific populations.
- Moreover, interpret policy to determine student eligibility for funding where criteria may be complex and/or ambiguous.
Recruitment and Outreach:
- Implements outreach programs with specifically targeted institutions
- Also, helps identify targeted institutions to meet the organization’s goals of increasing successful scholarship awards.
- Also, assists Scholarship Manager with delivering and assessing workshops about student postgraduate plans, requesting letters of recommendation from faculty, composing personal statements, and conducting mock interviews.
- Moreover, maintains the Scholarship List Serv, a biweekly e-mail update on scholarships, deadlines, and related opportunities.
- Likewise, liaisons with on-campus departments like academic units, California Alumni Association, Career Center, etc. encourage students to investigate resources with these partners.
- Introduces students to research opportunities by presenting on affiliated OURS programs and initiatives.
- Coordinates and implements non-complex student events and assists in the planning and implementation of complex events.
- Additionally. engages in professional development opportunity offered by the campus advising community and through the National Associate of Fellowship Advisors (NAFA)
- Ability to multi-task; verbal and written communication skills.
- Also, ability in problem identification and reasoning.
- Similarly, skills in service orientation, organization, active listening, and critical thinking.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Additionally, ability to exercise consummate discretion regarding the management of confidential student records and privileged information within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, University-specific computer application programs, including SIS, Slate, and Cal Central and departmental principles and procedures.
- Also, interpersonal skills.
- Moreover, multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
- Basic knowledge of student immigration and visa processes pertaining to international students and scholars.
- Likewise, knowledge of or ability to learn University processes and procedures.
- Understanding of or ability to learn University rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn campus policies and procedures pertaining to graduate education, curriculum, grading, student conduct, confidentiality (FERPA), and related areas.
- Moreover, demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.