Apply for Vacancy for Screening Clinician at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Additionally, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Rutgers University Behavioral Healthcare (UBHC) is seeking a Screening Clinician for the department of Newark Screening/division of Acute Services. Also, Performs psychiatric emergency services, screening, and screening outreach assessments as well as other mental health services.
- Serves assigned shifts providing on-site, outreach screening and commitment evaluations in an effective and skillful manner.
- Similarly, utilizes person, family and agency information to determine an appropriate screening outcome for persons served.
- Furthermore, collaborates with medical staff to make the best assessment, provides highest quality care and develops an appropriate screening outcome in accordance with professionally accepted standards.
- Also, provides coordination and on-site interaction with outside/other agencies involved in the screening process (e.g., police, state hospital, Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P), Children’s System of Care, Emergency Rooms and other UBHC Programs).
- Moreover, maintains appropriate clinical records in a timely manner.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in a mental health related field from an accredited institution.
- Also, One (1) year post-master, full time, professional experience in a psychiatric setting.
- Candidate must be eligible to receive the New Jersey State Certification as a Mental Health Screener within one (1) year of employment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates competence in providing generic crisis assessment of individuals of all ages (birth through 65+ years) and in determining the need for any additional professional consultation.
- Likewise, demonstrates competence in devising an appropriate intervention/disposition plan.
- New Jersey licensure governing discipline.
- As a designated essential employee, expectations include, but are not limited to; the ability to work off-hours shifts in the 24/7 operation, provide holiday coverage and work alternate weekends.