Apply for Vacancy for Security Officer at Texas A&M University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Also, diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School graduation or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must be able to obtain State of Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license within 30 days of employment
- Also, inability to obtain State of Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license may result in termination
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with reduced levels of managerial oversight
- Additionally, ability to communicate effectively with all segments of the campus population
- Physical ability and mental capabilities to properly carry out responsibilities, which require outside working conditions and shift work with varying days off
- Likewise, work non-business hours shifts starting at or after 4:00 p.m. and ending at 8:00 a.m
- Must have the ability to operate a two-wheel self-balancing mobile patrol unit
- Furthermore, ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
- Additionally, applicant must successfully complete a background investigation to include but not limited to driving history, criminal background and credit history
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College courses in criminal justice or behavioral science programs.
- Also, prior employment involving contact with the public
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Security Officer in the USA:
- Patrols buildings and grounds on foot or car and looks for suspicious activity, unlocked doors, fires, vandalism and act as a deterrent to criminal activity by their presence. Due to less managerial oversight during non-business hours, may be required to make decisions and apply discretion on security issues and criminal reporting issues more frequently than similar positions during business hours.
- Also, provides “on-site” security by assuming specific duties within certain buildings, such as libraries, athletic facilities and research laboratories, as well as property of TAMU located off campus. Due to conditions of darkness, must be more alert for hazards and security threats.
- Provides information to visitors, students, and employees or directs such inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Likewise, provides support duty to University Police during instances of special events, e.g. football games, yell practice. Perform other duties
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities