Apply for Vacancy for Security Professional at North Carolina State University in the USA. The category for this application is Information Technology.
North Carolina State University is a public land-grant research university in Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1887 and part of the University of North Carolina system, it is the largest university in the Carolinas.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as main investigator for potential incidents identified by Tier 1 analysts
- Also, operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Provide teaching / mentoring to SOC Tier 1 Analysts
- Moreover, monitor and identify cybersecurity/information technology related incidents that involve enterprise systems, research data, and data including personally identifiable information (PII).
- Detect, investigate and report cybersecurity incidents.
- Likewise, create cybersecurity reporting metrics
- Develop and maintain SOPs to help analysts respond to cyber threats.
- Additionally, maintain chain of custody in accordance with incident handling procedures and in compliance with applicable regulations and frameworks such as NIST 800-171, HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.
- Monitor security threat feeds, articles and reports to remain up to date on the latest security risks, threats, and technology trends.
- Also, must have strong analytical skills. Must be able to study computer systems, user behavior and assess any potential risks with consideration of possible solutions.
- Furthermore, understand and stay current with current security trends and indicators of compromise to understand potential issues
- Knowledge of networking, computer administration, and common protocols used in a network environment
- Familiarity with applicable policies and regulations to evaluate risk and develop solutions and enforce as appropriate
- Interpret incoming tickets and notifications from internal and external sources to appropriately assist users or properly escalate incidents.
- Similarly, ability to work with teams to prioritize security needs and effectively collaborate with IT professionals to implement the needed security controls.
- Follow up on escalated tickets to resolve technical issues with users.
- Master’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with the development of technical and procedural documentation.
- Experience and knowledge of state government rules and regulations is helpful.
- Also, experience with coordination of multiple vendor solutions in a university environment.
- Additionally, ability to develop solutions to automate security tools and processes.
- GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certificates are preferred.
- Other SANS (Subject Alternate Name) or vendor specific certifications in security topics are a plus.
- Also, experience in addressing complex issues, analyzes client needs and advises on effective and appropriate solutions.
- Regularly collaborates with management and other OIT/campus staff to develop tactics for security solutions inline with the university’s cybersecurity strategic plan.
- Likewise, experience or equal understanding of a risk based approach to security.
- Experience creating executive level security metrics.
- Furthermore, three or more years of hands-on technical experience in the information security field.
- Similarly, strong technical writing skills and experience with the development of technical and procedural documentation
- Experience using ServiceNow or a similar call tracking system.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.