Apply for Vacancy for Senior Engineer at University of Southern California in the USA. The category for this application is Network/System Administrator.
About the Opportunity:
The Sr. HPC Engineer works with other HPC Systems Engineering Team members in Center for Advanced Research Computing and collaborates with technical leadership in the design, development, installation of the High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems and maintenance of its software stack. Also, the Senior HPC Engineer is responsible for the management of planning, implementation, availability, performance, security, maintenance, and repair of high-performance computing infrastructure. Additionally, the Senior HPC Engineer oversees multi-vendor management, security, and network/Internet protocols for the ITS organization. As a member of ITS, the Senior HPC Engineer demonstrates ITS values in action.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computational science and/or engineering, etc., or equivalent combined education, training, and experience.
- Three years of experience in one of the following fields: information technology, system administration, or high-performance computing.
- Also, demonstrated experience leading IT project planning and implementation.
- Expertise with multi-vendor management, security, and network/Internet protocols.
- Likewise, expertise with system administrating, monitoring, and maintaining secure Linux/Unix-based HPC environment.
- Proficiency in shared and distributed memory parallelism and accelerators
- Proficient fundamental programming skills Expertise with the HPC system software cluster management tool, job schedulers, and other HPC tools
- Moreover, proficiency with low-latency/high-bandwidth interconnected infrastructure.
- Knowledge of HPC storage principles, file systems, and compute node storage.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and improve system performance.
- Furthermore, demonstrated expertise in HPC system design configuration and planning.
- Additionally, ability to drive technical leadership and management of complex large-scale computing system projects.
- Moreover, experience establishing processes for maintaining system performance and managing best-in-class standards.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Also, ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, computational science and/or engineering, etc.
- Moreover, more than five years of experience in large-scale high-performance computing cluster systems administration, high-speed network, and various parallel file systems.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experiences in research computing systems .
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.