Apply for Vacancy for Senior Locksmith at Old Dominion University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Maintain a complete locksmithing operation in such a manner that provides security for persons and property at Old Dominion University. Additionally, this position serves as the Senior Locksmith for student housing. It is responsible for assisting the Structural Superintendent in the day to day operations of the University’s locksmith shop. The senior locksmith will ensure that the junior locksmiths are trained and knowledgeable about the latest technologies related to campus locking systems. Furthermore, ensure all required work is performed in a timely and professional manner. Likewise, ensure proper installation or repair of all lock or security systems.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Considerable knowledge of lock (both hard locks and electronic locks) and lock system construction and operation.
- Also, considerable knowledge of electronic card access systems, electronic handicap door systems, routine and complex locksmith work, repair work related to doors and door systems and door hardware maintenance.
- Considerable knowledge of a grandmaster key system and how the master and sub-master systems operate.
- Likewise, demonstrated skill in making keys and repairing locks for the campus locking systems. Skilled in other structural trades such as carpentry and general facility maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints; to maintain a variety of recordkeeping systems and to work independently.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with a wide range of individuals.
- Also, demonstrated ability to trouble shoot and repair all hardware and wiring associated with campus electronic locks and understanding of interface with the software and database management of the electronic locks.
- Furthermore, demonstrate ability to provide advice and consultation to the University community related to physical security issues.
Preferred knowledge, skills, abilities
- Considerable knowledge of key management database and key control procedures with automated work order system experience.
- Also, demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance to develop and assist other trades staff.
- Good leadership and organizational skills.
- Graduate from high school or equivalent and training in locksmithing.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities