Apply for Vacancy for Senior Scientist at Carnegie Mellon University in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
The Scientific Operations Director (SOD) oversees operations & educational initiatives of the BRIDGE Center facilitating state of the art neuroimaging research with the highest possible data quality and ensures research at the center is conducted safely and efficiently. Also, the primary responsibility of the SOD is to oversee the daily operation of the BRIDGE center and supports its thriving user community. Duties will include managing safety training and compliance, monitoring data quality and the scheduling of routine scanner maintenance, working with the co-directors to troubleshoot and resolve equipment performance issues.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the center, research activities, and any staff
- Develop and maintain center manual and policies in collaboration with center co-directors
- Also, design and implement center project registration, review, and tracking system
- Oversee data server and online data management and processing system with center co-director
- Similarly, serve as direct supervisor of MR technologist and center administrator with co-directors
- Serve as primary and emergency contact for building and campus facilities management
- Oversee operation and maintenance of MRI system and peripheral research equipment. Including, serving as primary contact to suppliers and contracted entities.
- Likewise, serve as center expert on the MRI system and software and keep up to date on new developments, upgrades, and training
- Setup MRI protocols for research projects
- Moreover, maintain MRI console software and developmental sequence agreements
- Serve as chair of the Safety Committee
- Develop safety policies in collaboration with Safety Committee and center co-directors
- Conduct safety training for center users and staff
- Create materials for safety training, signage, and reference with center co-directors
- Also, design and implement training program for user run scanning with center co-directors
- Ensure day-to-day safety of center researchers, staff, and participants
- Likewise, coordinate safety policies and procedures with other relevant units on campus (e.g. Environmental Health & Safety, IRB)
- Maintain expertise in latest MRI research methodologies across a range of MRI approaches including fMRI, structural MRI, and diffusion MRI, as well as expertise in MRI data organization, processing, and sharing.
- Also, develop and implement formal courses and workshops, at both the undergraduate and graduate level, on a variety of topics including: introduction to MRI research, advanced MR techniques, MR physics, best practices, and use of center equipment and resources.
- Moreover, maintain online educational resources and discussion forums (e.g. Slack, Discourse) for center users to. facilitate advancement of research projects and education of trainees.
- Furthermore, conduct reading groups or similar forums on relevant topics in MRI research and facilitate other events useful to the center research community.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.