Apply for Vacancy for Service Technician at Houston Community College in the USA. The category for this job is Information Technology.
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established customer service and support policies and procedures this position will report to Manager Service Desk providing service desk diagnostic support. Responsibilities will include interface to all HCC Faculty, Staff and Student as 1st call resolution, quality assurance, and technical point of contact for IT via service desk best practices and end user work order requests. Also, this position will provide troubleshooting assistance to Service Desk Technician Sr. via the reporting system and service outages as reported to the Service Desk for support.
- Process all service calls to the Service Desk via a work order request incident or task in BMC;
- Create all incidents for faculty, staff and student requests with hardware and software issues, desktop support needs, student enrollment and registration inquiries and account password reset support, and process as 1st call resolution and close;
- Also, create all tasks for all faculty, staff and student requests requiring specialized support and route to IT work groups for support and resolution;
- Ensure all faculty, staff and student needs are supported via the Customer Support service level agreement (SLA) as it relates to customer service, best practices and service and system offerings;
- Additionally, responsible for notifying work groups of requested hardware/software desktop services, installations and repairs;
- Responsible for troubleshooting service issues over the telephone with users;
- Interact with other Service Desk Agents to research problems and provide resolution for users. Assist with maintaining historical work order databases;
- Furthermore, assist end user to determine scope of work for service requests;
- Research and assist with staff training on potential use of existing technology and new technology;
- Assist with event management planning, planned service outages or upgrades in IT;
- Moreover, manage and prioritize workload as defined by call volume and IT projects; and
- Likewise, provide after-hour, weekends and holiday support as required by needs of the business or scheduled or unscheduled service maintenance windows.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Also, the qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associate Degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years direct work experience in service desk and automated call distributor (ACD) environments.
- Also, experience with Cisco UCCX service desk environment.
- HDI Support Center Analyst certification.
- Likewise, MAC OS X (latest software version).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7 & 8, and PeopleSoft required;
- Able to interact and communicate with diverse groups with varying levels of technical knowledge;
- Also, able to make sound decisions and work with minimal supervision;
- Additionally, able to work in team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster cooperation among users, support teams and peers; and
- Likewise, able to multi-task and support multiple projects.;
- Knowledge of different hardware and software systems and products;
- Moreover, knowledge of networking operating system.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.