Apply for Vacancy for Service Technician at Houston Community College in the USA. The category for this application is Information Technology.
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established customer service and support policies and procedures this position will report to Manager Service Desk providing service desk diagnostic support. Also, responsibilities will include interface to all HCC Faculty, Staff and Student as 1st call resolution, quality assurance, and technical point of contact for IT via service desk best practices and end user work order requests.
- Process all service calls to the Service Desk via a work order request incident or task in BMC;
- Also, create all incidents for faculty, staff and student requests with hardware and software issues, desktop support needs, student enrollment and registration inquiries and account password reset support, and process as 1st call resolution and close;
- Create all tasks for all faculty, staff and student requests requiring specialized support and route to IT work groups for support and resolution;
- Likewise, ensure all faculty, staff and student needs are supported via the Customer Support service level agreement (SLA) as it relates to customer service, best practices and service and system offerings;
- Responsible for utilizing Automated Call Distributor (ACD) and Unified Call Content Express (UCCX) service desk agent systems in support of call accounting and processing;
- Moreover, responsible for notifying internal and external users of identified service and system issues and confirmed outages in IT;
- Research and assist with staff training on potential use of existing technology and new technology;
- Also, assist with event management planning, planned service outages or upgrades in IT;
- Likewise, manage and prioritize workload as defined by call volume and IT projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Also, the qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
- Three (3) years direct work experience in service desk and automated call distributor (ACD) environments.
- Also, experience with Cisco UCCX service desk environment.
- HDI Support Center Analyst certification.
- Likewise, MAC OS X (latest software version).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7 & 8, and PeopleSoft required;
- Able to interact and communicate with diverse groups with varying levels of technical knowledge;
- Also, able to make sound decisions and work with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of different hardware and software systems and products;
- Likewise, knowledge of networking operating system
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.