Apply for Vacancy for Service Worker at Kent State University in the USA. The category for this job is Food Services.
- Sets up and tears down service lines; serves on lines; portions, slices and wraps food; sets and clears tables; sets up and clears carts; gets supplies from storage; washes pots and pans; and operates dishwashing machine.
- Also, cleans and prepares vegetables and fruits for cooking or serving; makes sandwiches, salads, desserts and beverages; toasts, grills and fries foods.
- Likewise, cleans work, serving, dining, and receiving areas; sweeps and mops floors, washes walls, cleans and shampoos carpets, cleans glass and windows, and empties trash.
- Informs assigned supervisor of preparation, serving equipment, supply and food requirements, problems and shortages; may maintain records.
- Moreover, may reheat prepared foods.
- Also, may assist Cooks; may train and direct student employees in food service procedures;
- Additionally, performs related duties.
Prior experience or completion of vocational education program in food preparation and service preferred.
Must acquire the Ohio Department of Health’s Level Two certification in Food Protection during the employee’s probationary period.
- Operate kitchen equipment and utensils
- Also, apply sanitation standards
- Moreover, read, write, and accurately follow oral and written instructions to include recipes
- Likewise, perform basic mathematics.
- Demonstrate physical dexterity and lift 75 pounds
- Additionally, apply appropriate safety practices
- However, communicate with University personnel and public (e.g., to speak to patrons)
- Moreover, maintain accurate records
Asterisk indicates knowledge, skills, abilities which require assessments
Food production environment. Also, exposed to sharp utensils, kitchen equipment, slippery floors, cleaning solutions, and variable temperatures; requires frequent lifting of up to 40 pounds. Likewise, occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds (e.g., food products), and extended periods of standing. Moreover, may work varied hours and shifts to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This is a seasonal opening, working 40 hours a week. Schedule to be determined.
Must pass a security check.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.