Apply for Vacancy for Services Assistant at Muhlenberg College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
The Public Services Assistant-Outreach Specialist provides overall public services, with a focus on outreach, as well as building supervision of Trexler Library. Also, this position is responsible for the daily management of the lending services desk and supervision of student assistants staffing service desks. Provides informational and directional assistance to users. Similarly. serves as a link between users and other library staff by making referrals as appropriate. In collaboration with the Marketing Team and Librarians, provide creative design for marketing, displays, social media, and outreach efforts.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
- Open, close, secure, and provide general oversight of the library facility.
- Also, assist with public services, such as circulation, interlibrary loan, reserves, and reference.
- Execute appropriate emergency procedures in communication with library administration and Campus Security.
- Likewise, provide support for outreach and programming efforts by managing social media and by creating marketing and display material.
- Additionally, coordinate postings and information on the library blog.
- Work with Digital Experiences Librarian to develop better user experiences for the website and other digital outreach platforms.
- Furthermore, ensure that student employees are working effectively and report their performance to the relevant supervisor.
- Also, assist users in accessing major library tools and equipment, e.g. online catalog, A-V equipment, photocopiers.
- Light hardware and software maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Similarly, answer basic queries received in person or by phone, advise users with complex questions about when they can get assistance from appropriate other library staff.
- Provide support for outreach and programming efforts, through social media, marketing, and displays.
- Moreover, perform other duties as assigned and as dictated by the needs of users.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Services Assistant in the USA:
- A baccalaureate degree and related job experience or an associate degree in library technology and experience working in a library.
- Likewise, working knowledge of general library procedures, information resources, computers, and library security concerns.
- Also, ability to work and interact effectively with diverse groups of people, including library users, faculty, and students.
- Experience with social media and marketing.
- Additionally, a flexible team player open to an irregular schedule.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations, maintain a proper study environment, and employ good judgment in the resolution of disputes.
- Furthermore, excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated success in working with the public and a strong commitment to library services.
- Similarly, successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to education verification, national criminal background checks, and child abuse clearance.
- Experience with circulation, reference, marketing, and outreach.
- Also, knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with databases and CMS such as WordPress.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.