Apply for Vacancy for Services Assistant at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Additionally, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Advises patients regarding preparation of necessary forms; counsels patients regarding paperwork requirements.
- Also, otains pre-certification and /or prior authorization from insurance companies for patient management, as assigned.
- Likewise, monitors patient flow, and communicates with any issues or problems that arise with the clinical staff; seeks assistance from clinical staff when communication back to the waiting room is needed.
- Furthermore, assists in the treatment and examination of patient.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient’s condition and reactions to drugs, treatment and significant incidents.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Also, the ability to function in a team environment.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish).
- Likewise, completion of medical interpreter training course.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical Demands: Position requires standing, walking, sitting, use of the hands to finger, handle or feel, talk and hear 2/3 of the time, reach with hands and arms over 1/3 of the time, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of the time. Also, position requires lifting 1/3 of the time up to 10 pounds, and under 1/3 of the time up to 25 pounds.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.