Apply for Vacancy for Services Representative at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in the USA. The deadline for this job is 22nd July 2021.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments, answering phones and managing the provider schedule. Also, the Patient Service Representative must be an effective communicator, both within the department and patients. Likewise, this position requires other duties associated with operating a reception desk including copying, filing, and health information retrieval.
- Greet patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner.
- Also, provide any necessary instructions/directions.
- Inform appropriate department/person of person’s arrival.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments.
- Likewise, delay necessary information to staff.
- Answer phones in pleasant and timely manner and deal with patient needs expeditiously.
- Complete necessary paperwork such as encounter forms and medical records.
- Utilize computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
- Furthermore, update patient information, collect copays, provide and assist with any necessary forms needing completion and obtain signatures as necessary.
- Maintain clean, orderly waiting area and oversee coordination of patient movement, report issues or irregularities.
- Similarly, supplement office staff as reception tasks permit by assisting with photocopying, computer input/ typing and other delegated tasks as directed.
- Likewise, balance cash and credit card payments with encounter forms.
- Balance cash drawer.
- Also, assist with collections and accounts for daily encounter forms.
- Respond to written, faxed and phoned chart requests with appropriate follow-up and response.
- Utilize computer to track chart inquires and access other pertinent information, along with locating missing charts.
- Furthermore, file medical histories and other information in patient charts according to departmental guidelines.
- Additionally, assist with clerical responsibilities as assigned. Perform other related duties as assigned or delegated.
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Also, customer service or medical office experience
- Moreover, must achieve satisfactory results from a background check
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of reception/ scheduling tasks, practice policies/procedures and paperwork.
- Also, knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
- Similarly, skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, on the phone, and establish cooperative relationships with customers/patients.
- Additionally, ability to project a pleasant and professional image in person and over the phone.
- Exemplary skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Likewise, ability to work/interact with diverse populations, showing respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated tasks.
- Medical Office Experience
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.