Apply for Vacancy for Software Developer at Stanford University in the USA. The category for this job is Information Technology.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has commissioned the sequencing of 150,000+ whole genomes from participants in the Million Veteran Program [see: https://www.mvp.va.gov/]. Also, this data is currently being delivered to Stanford’s cloud computing environment and constitutes one of the largest repositories of whole-genome sequencing data in the world. Likewise, the scale and richness of this data make it an incredible resource for biomedical research. Our goal is to turn this data lake into a data commons; a dynamic computing environment where researchers bring questions and get answers, all without having to go through the ordeal of manually collecting, cleaning, massaging, waxing, scrubbing, sorting, transforming, and filtering data.
- Develop GraphQL APIs that allow researchers to effectively query meta/data in a controlled and secure fashion
- Also, develop a web portal that makes it easy for researchers to visualize the resources and analyses available in our data commons and provides API functionality while abstracting away the need to write API queries
- Likewise, untegrating GraphQL APIs to Graph (Neo4j) and SQL (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, etc.) databases
- Using the GRANDstack for application development
- Using the Cypher and SQL query languages to query Neo4j and SQL databases and update the data models
- Furthermore, following serverless and microservice architecture design principles
- Writing easy-to-understand documentation and tutorials (with examples) explaining how to use the web portal and APIs
- Similarly, writing unit and integration tests for each service
- Using configuration-as-code tools (Terraform) to manage application deployments
- Moreover, transforming genomic data from custom file formats into database-native formats
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Comfort programming in Python
- Ability to independently graphs the objects of research projects and assemble solutions from a range of technologies, standards, and approaches
- Additionally, a desire to learn new methods and technologies and adapt to demands of fast-paced research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Likewise, experience with cloud computing is a plus
- Familiarity with FAIR principles of data management
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.