Apply for Vacancy for Software Engineer at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this application is Programmer/Analyst.
Participates in the design, implementation, and maintenance of software and data pipelines to support scientific workflows. Primarily focuses on back-end and front-end application components as well as the integration of data from multiple source systems. Through these activities, works with team members to provide robust, scalable software solutions to the research enterprise.
- Builds, maintains, and evolves data pipelines and overall data architecture to accommodate a growing amount of data from a variety of large healthcare data sources.
- Also, participates in analysis, development, modification, and troubleshooting of software solutions to provide an architecture of computer systems supporting research workflows.
- Likewise, works with team members to convert business and technical requirements into professional software solutions. Ensures timely completion of tasks while managing multiple assignments, project timelines, and business user expectations.
- Moreover, participates in creation and implementation of testing procedures to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Additionally, adheres to defined application development life-cycle practices. Produces and maintains comprehensive technical documentation for all systems under the developer’s responsibilities.
- Also, keeps abreast of current application developments through continuing education, professional reading, online forums, conferences, workshops, and professional groups.
- Furthermore, performs other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar discipline, or the equivalent education and experience.
- Also, approximately two years of experience in technology-intensive roles and environments.
- Likewise, knowledge of biomedical vocabularies, terminologies, and ontologies
- Moreover, knowledge of and experience with data warehousing, star schemas, and reporting desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Expertise of software engineering best practices such as version control and software release management.
- Similarly, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Also, ability to work with others in a matrix management environment.
- Excellent communication skills for describing progress and challenges to stakeholders.
- Additionally, attention to detail, patience, and a positive, customer-centric attitude.
- Furthermore, strong technical presentation skills.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.