Apply for Vacancy for Species Technician at Colorado State University in the USA. The category for this application is Laboratory and Research.
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. Also, the University provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
- Ensure successful monitoring for RCW breeding success, morning roost, and translocation events. Monitor nests with a tree top peeper or a light and dental mirror.
- Also, climb nest trees using Swedish climbing ladders to capture and band RCW adults, nestlings, and juveniles.
- Likewise, locate color banded RCWs with a spotting scope to document survival rate and population structure. Record biological field data.
Required Job Qualifications
- BS in wildlife biology or closely related field
- One year of wildlife biology field experience
- Also, ability to perform strenuous fieldwork in rugged terrain and weather extremes
- Ability to operate a 4-wheel drive vehicle, ATV/UTV, carpentry type power equipment to include gasoline-powered drill, chainsaw, and farm equipment
- Ability to climb ladders and trees
- Moreover, must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- Likewise, the successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- More than one year of wildlife biology experience
- Similarly, wildlife biology experience in central Louisiana forests or analogous habitats
- Experience with threatened and endangered species
- Also, experience with bird banding
- Additionally, should climbing ladders and running chainsaws safely
- Experience on a military installation
- Likewise, experience communicating with peers, stakeholders, or the public