Apply for Vacancy for Sports Law at American University in the UAE. The category for this job is Law and Legal Studies.
The American University in the Emirates invites Ph.D. holder applicants for full-time faculty (Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor) for the Fall Semester 2021-2022.
The faculty required will be teaching in one or more of the below Specializations:
24 credit hours per academic year (12 credit hours each Semester)
Responsible to provide students with professional expertise in teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
Qualifications & Education
- Ph.D. in the related field from a recognized University in the United States of America or accredited by an American Accreditation body
- Also, 18 credit hours of graduate studies in the required field
- Moreover, minimum one research publication in Scopus journals
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Likewise, proven record of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching
Skills / Training / Knowledge
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Additionally, continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Also, ability to integrate web-based and digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Moreover, excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic
- Teaching / Class Activities – 20%
- Academic Advising – 10%
- Research Activities- 20%
- Likewise, curriculum Development – 15%
- Professional Development Activities – 15%
- Moreover, community Service – 10%
- University Service – 10%
- Expected to present research and practice-driven teaching
- Also, adapt to the latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Similarly, supervision of thesis, capstone and internship assignments of students
- Additionally, actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in the area of specialization, thus contributing to the Mission of the University.
- Provide academic advising and guidance to the students in the program’s learning outcomes, curriculum planning, and career planning.
- Moreover, evaluating students’ performance and grading. Providing clear assessment criteria that reflect course content and its learning outcomes, setting expectations to students, avoiding cognitive biases.
- Also, contribute to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum or developing new specialization or program.
- Similarly, participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignments or projects such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to the university, discipline, and the community.
- Furthermore, acquire the latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology-related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars, and training.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.