Apply for Vacancy for Staff Nurse at Weill Cornell Medicine in USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Under direct supervision, coordinates and organizes the clinical care of patients within the practice
- Monitors the expiration dates of medical supplies.
- Triages patient inquiries and communicates test results.
- Also, attends unit based in-service and/or continuing education programs to maintain current knowledge base in the field.
- Provides in-office, patient care services. Duties may include obtaining patient histories, vital signs, venipuncture, specimen collection, administering vaccines/medications and educating patients.
- Likewise, recommends and implements improvements in procedures to ensure smooth functioning of the practice and high quality patient care.
- Develops, updates, implements and evaluates a comprehensive plan of care based on the individual patient needs.
- Moreover, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Additionally, evaluates status of patients in emergency situations to determine and obtain appropriate care, administers various medications, shots, and lab tests.
- Furthermore, schedules tests and procedures for patients.
- Educates patients and family regarding treatment and therapies.
- Similarly, records diagnosis, treatment plans, progress notes and doctors’ orders in patient charts.
- Coordinates and participates in patient follow up care.
- Calls in medication prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Likewise, provides continuity of care through patient family education and discharge planning.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Up to 2 years of post-degree course work and/or an internship and less than one year of previous experience may be considered.
- Also, bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be articulate and possess a professional demeanor.
Licenses and Certifications
- Current NY State Registered Nurse License & Registration.
- Likewise, BLS Certification
- Furthermore, infection Control Certificate
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities