Apply for Vacancy for Student Coach at EmployIndy in the USA. The category of the position is Career Development and Services.
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. Also, the vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent. Likewise, Indy Achieves, initiated by Mayor Joe Hogsett, and housed at EmployIndy, seeks to close the skills gap by increasing the proportion of Marion County adults with a high-quality degree or credential from 42% to 65% by 2027.
- Work with identified Indy Achieves cohort to provide student success coaching, including assistance in academic support, basic needs, social-emotional support, and career development
- Also, create opportunities for community building amongst students in the cohort
- Provide financial literacy assistance and refer students to the Office of Student Financial Services for information on student financial aid and FAFSA completion
- Likewise, provide career-readiness success strategies, including connecting the student to the IUPUI Career Services and EmployIndy
- Develop college success skills within students, including study skills, time-management, and goal-setting
- Additionally, utilize data systems at IUPUI and EmployIndy to prioritize certain students for interventions around success factors
- Monitor academic progress and utilize learning and strengths assessments to develop individual success plans
- Moreover, utilize a multimedia approach to engage students including Zoom, text message platforms, calling campaigns, learning management system (Canvas), and other IU system tools
- Also, maintain accurate records and documentation of services provided
- Understand and refer students to services and campus resources available at IUPUI.
- Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
- Integrity: Similarly, staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
- Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building upon personal as well as team members’ ideas.
- Customer Service: Also, staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centric during communications with customers.
- Collaboration: Additionally, a staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each team to thrive.
- Inclusive: Staff members promote a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one’s authentic self.
- Results-driven: Likewise, staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Also, experience working with students in education, support service, or related field
- Likewise, preferred training experience in academic advising, financial aid/literacy, and career advising
- Moreover, minimum of two years of experience working with youth or adults, specifically those who are low-income, first-generation, or from diverse communities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of academic support services, financial aid/literacy, and career assessment techniques
- Ability to problem solve
- Familiarity with social and emotional student development activities
- Also, ability to manage a high caseload of students and prioritize engagement appropriately
- High initiative, creativity, and ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Likewise, evidence of computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and organizational skills required
- Furthermore, knowledge of IUPUI and Ivy Tech
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Similarly, ability to travel for trainings and meetings
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.