Apply for Vacancy for Systems Administrator at Barnard College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Systems, the Systems Administrator has responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the College’s servers and systems. Also, the Systems Administrator helps develop, plan, and implement projects and initiatives in the areas of systems operations and security. The Systems Administrator serves as a technical resource and works with the Infrastructure Team and others to deliver stable, reliable, flexible systems and services, and improves everyday tasks and operations that support all College processes. Likewise, the department is maturing its implementation of Agile practices, GitOps, Infrastructure as code, Automation, Cloud-First approach, Kanban, etc in order to improve the way of working and remove toil.
Essential Duties Summary
- Ensure that hardware, software, applications, and services are provisioned, monitored, and maintained in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Moreover, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents related to servers and applications.
- Plan and recommend courses of action for upgrading hardware and software.
- Also, research, test, and propose new systems, server technologies, processes that can improve our current environment.
- Respond to business-critical emergencies both during and after business hours.
- Likewise, develop and maintain positive working relationships with others in Barnard College and Columbia University technology departments.
- Furthermore, perform related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Systems Administrator in the USA:
- Proficient in the use of automation and configuration management tools like Ansible and Jenkins.
- Also, strong experience scripting with Powershell, bash, and/or Python.
- Experience with using versioning control tools such as git.
- Likewise, experience with monitoring tools such as Icinga or Nagios.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools, such as Selenium.
- Moreover, experience with SAML and Oauth authentication.
- For Linux Systems Administrator: Experience with latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems, BASH, and VMware vSphere
- For Windows Systems Administrator: Experience with latest Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, VMware vSphere, WSUS.
- Additionally, excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with confidentiality and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to remain current with emerging technologies and concepts that are necessary to administer systems.
- Furthermore, ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Adaptable and able to manage and incorporate change.
- Similarly, effective interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Required Qualification Summary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field; or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Also, minimum two (2) years of experience in computer operations, systems administration, and user support.
Preferred Qualification Summary
- Experience in Higher Education.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities