Apply for Vacancy for Systems Administrator at Penn State in the USA. The category for this job is Information Technology.
The Pennsylvania State University is a public state-related land-grant research university with campuses and facilities throughout Pennsylvania. Founded in 1855 as the Farmers’ High School of Pennsylvania, Penn State became the state’s only land-grant university in 1863.
The Web Applications Team in Infrastructure, a unit of Penn State IT, is looking for a highly motivated and technically strong systems administrator with a passion for providing professional customer service and operational excellence. Also, the ideal candidate will work as a member of our Web Applications Team in support of the University-wide Splunk (Log collecting & analysis system) service.
- Systems administration, maintenance, performance testing and monitoring of service infrastructure
- Also, designing services with performance, scaling, and high availability in mind
- Likewise, implementing the latest IT and security best practices for modern infrastructure and software management (e.g., Infrastructure as Code, GitOps)
- Automating routine and repetitive tasks to streamline operations and create efficiencies
- Additionally, on-boarding customers and ongoing operational support
- Collaborating with, and supporting, peer team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documentation for teams, knowledge base, and training of customers
- Also, being proactive in providing superior customer service to units that depend on the service
- Possess strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have a strong desire to analyze, diagnose, and address technical issues while being flexible, and maintaining critical thinking under pressure
- Likewise, experience with Bash, Python or other scripting languages
- Have experience with highly available production systems administration on Linux-based platforms
- Experience with configuration management tools (ie, Ansible, CFEngine) and Git
- Moreover, preferred experience (If not, training will be provided) in administering Splunk or other log collecting & analysis systems.
- In-depth understanding of the value-add of log collection and aggregation for business needs .
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.