Apply for Vacancy for Systems Specialist at Muhlenberg College in the USA. The category for this job is Instructional Technology and Design.
The Instructional Technology Support Specialist is part of the Office of Information Technology’s overarching, unified approach to customer service emphasizing user experience and engagement. Also, as a member of the Instructional Technology and Media Services (IT/MS) team, this Specialist will assist faculty, students, and other relevant users in the research, implementation, and ongoing support of digital tools and classroom technologies in the traditional, blended, and online liberal arts classroom environments.
Muhlenberg College is a highly-selective, undergraduate liberal arts institution of 2,200 students, located in Allentown, PA, about 60 miles north of Philadelphia and 90 miles west of New York City. Allentown is a diverse city of 121,000, and along with neighboring Easton and Bethlehem, represents the third-largest metropolitan area in Pennsylvania. Likewise, the greater Lehigh Valley is home to a vibrant arts scene, a unique parks system, and a rich variety of ethnic restaurants.
- Keep abreast of current trends in instructional technology and how it can be applied in a liberal arts environment.
- Furthermore, function as support and lead trainer for the Instructional Technology and Media Services team.
- Consult pro-actively with faculty and other users on strategies to improve technology adoption in teaching and learning vis-à-vis the LMS and classroom technologies.
- Also, intake support requests from the community with an emphasis on effectively gathering information needed for a speedy resolution.
- Provide technology troubleshooting and support while strategically building support resources.
- Moreover, expert level understanding of teaching technologies, digital learning tools, and LMS- Canvas.
- Maintain Instructional Technology and Media Services website in Terminal 4.
- Additionally, work collaboratively with Instructional Technology and Media Services team on classroom design in terms of the effective design and implementation of teaching and learning technologies.
- Function as a key member of the Digital Learning Team and work closely with Instructional Designers to provide technology support to faculty in both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Also, other duties as assigned.
- As an instructional technology support specialist, you must be a proficient planner, problem solver, and researcher.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting technology issues.
- Also, detail-oriented individual with effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in a customer-service oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work in team environments.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems- Preference give to Canvas experience.
- Moreover, experience with help/support desk environments.
- Knowledge of classroom pedagogies and learning space design a plus.
- Canvas, WordPress, Qualtrics, R-studio, and Voicethread experience a plus.
- Additionally, Bachelor’s degree in a related field with relevant experience required.
- Successful completion of background checks, including but not limited to education and national criminal background.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.