Apply for Vacancy for Technical Assistant at University of Central Florida in the USA. The category for this job is Libraries.
Under supervision of the IT Manager, this position is responsible for independent operation of the public service desk on weekdays and weekends. The Library Technical Assistant II assists the IT Manager with the supervision and training of LibTech Student Assistants and provides support for library IT operations including but not limited to library classrooms, public PCs, and tech equipment checkout.
- Open and close Technology Service Desk.
- Provide basic and intermediate technology assistance to patrons.
- Coordinate scheduling for all Student Assistants working at LibTech desk.
- Also, use Aleph ILS to process all material & material requests.
- Handle basic complaints and questions.
- Inspect and maintain technology materials for damage and proper operation.
- Provide expert level service and instruction on public scanners, microform scanners, and public printing.
- Likewise, provide advance instruction and support on Microsoft Office and other library applications.
- Initiate routine diagnostic to isolate causes of system failures and make minor repairs.
- Inspect and provide repair solutions for loaner equipment.
- Moreover, coordinate technology use in Library classrooms and meeting spaces.
- Communicate equipment issues and supply requests to supervisor.
- Coordinate technology support with IT staff for larger projects and public PC issues.
- Additionally, assist with inventory, categorization, and labeling of all LibTech Technology checkout items.
- Update knowledge and job skills to the latest industry standards.
- Likewise, log statistics for desk questions and duties performed.
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong customer service background and skills.
- Moreover, quick thinking and problem solving capabilities.
- Similarly, solid technology background and desire to learn more.
- Also, ability to lead, supervise, and train students.
- Previous library experience a plus, but not a requirement.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.