Apply for Vacancy for Technical Specialist at Texas A&M University in USA. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing the Universities mission and living our core values.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Furthermore, five years of related experience in a biomedical research environment with a strong emphasis on animal health.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate competent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Also, ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Must be able to obtain American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) certification within one year of employment.
- Likewise, valid driver license and good driving record. Must be able to obtain State of Texas class “C” vehicle driver license within 30 days of employment.
- Similarly, successful completion of a minimum of 3 CMP Laboratory Animal Science Courses within the first year in this position.
- Moreover, successful completion of Barrier Colony Management, Good Laboratory Practices and SBAT training within first year in this position.
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours; such as a Tuesday through Saturday shift or a Sunday through Thursday shift. Work weekends and holidays as required.
- Moreover, must be able to lift or move heavy objects and move/push/pull carts on weight bearing wheels carrying heavy loads.
- Must be able to tolerate a significant amount of standing, bending, stretching, walking, and/or moving.
- Also, must not be allergic to animals, latex, waste products, or bedding.
- Additionally, persons in this position are considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc. and are therefore required to report to work and remain on duty unless/until relieved by the direct supervisor.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in veterinary technology, biomedical science, animal science or a related area.
- Likewise, evidence of increasing levels of responsibility in previous jobs either programmatic or supervisory.
- Similarly, six years of experience performing technical procedures (ex: blood collection, injection, anesthesia, handling, and restraint) on a variety of animal species including but not limited to rodents, companion, or agricultural species.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) certification.
- Also, registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), Animal Health Technician (AHT) certification, or American Association for Laboratory Animal Science Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) certification.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.