Apply for Vacancy for Technology Faculty at BridgeValley Community and Technical College in the USA. The category for this application is Engineering.
Full-time, benefits eligible, 9-month renewable term faculty position. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
- Utilize different methods and media in delivering course material.
- Similarly, support program, department and institutional operational goals, especially keeping informed of changes in industry, and incorporating these into the curriculum.
- Support program delivery at both the South Charleston and Montgomery sites.
- Participate in recruiting efforts for Division of Technology programs including but not limited to such things as giving tours to prospective students or tour groups, visiting high schools and career technical centers.
- Also, provide academic advisor services to Program students each semester to aid in achieving their educational goals.
- Likewise, take an active role in job placement of students as they approach graduation.
- Build and maintain contacts and relationships throughout industry and with high school technical program instructors.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and needs of industry.
- Similarly, organize and chair the Program Advisory Committee.
- Maintain expertise in subject area and recommend improvements, with possible training on specific software and equipment as required by the program.
- Additionally, assume institutional responsibilities, including active participation in department, division and institutional needs which may include, but not be limited to, class schedule preparation, budget development, club advising, committee participation, accreditation, articulation, and faculty governance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process Technology or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree in a field related to one major aspect of the faculty position duties.
- Also, a minimum of three years’ of relevant industrial experience.
- A commitment to teaching excellence, responsiveness to student needs, written and oral communication skills, experience applying teamwork skills, positive problem resolution skills as well as a commitment to life-long learning and continuous improvement.
- Additionally, ability to recruit adjunct faculty, orient them, and provide supervision and support.
- Familiarity with the work being done by Chemical Operators in chemical manufacturing.
- Also, established contacts with each of the local chemical manufacturers.
- Likewise, teaching experience, both face-to-face and online.
- BridgeValley will not accept incomplete applications. Please fill out the application completely, even though the resume may include the same information.
- Similarly, employment is subject to satisfactory results on background check.
- Demonstration of teaching effectiveness will be part of the campus review process.
- Also, applicants selected for an interview will be required to give a short teaching demonstration on a topic to be determined prior to the interview.
- Furthermore, this posting does not reflect the entire job description and may be changed and/or modified, at any time, without notice.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.