Apply for Vacancy for Ultrasound Technologist at Morehouse School in the USA. The category for this application is Health and Medical Services.
Morehouse College is a private historically black men’s liberal arts college in Atlanta, Georgia. Anchored by its main campus of 61 acres (25 ha) near downtown Atlanta, the college has a variety of residential dorms and academic buildings east of Ash view Heights. Along with Spelman College, Clark Atlanta University, and the Morehouse School of Medicine.
- Performs more complex and safe operation of ultrasound equipment to ensure high quality for diagnostic scans.
- Also, performs, analyzes, and documents results of 2-D, M-Mode, and Doppler Echocardiograms or other equipment as ordered by a physician to identify possible cardiac disorders.
- Similarly, schedules and prepares patients for exams.
- Moreover, maintains supplies and equipment.
- Likewise, operates other medical equipment as needed.
- Additionally, provides quality patient care to patients undergoing procedures in the Echo Lab.
- Also, demonstrates complete knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Moreover, may participate in more complex procedures.
- Communicates and explains various procedures to patient/family.
- Processes all required paperwork, and has knowledge of all supplies and stock room.
- Also, acts as a preceptor for new staff and students.
- Moreover, may coordinate activities in the area in the absence of the supervisor.
- Performs and interprets the significance of various diagnostic tests.
- Additionally, measures heart wall thickness and chamber sizes and compares measurement to standard norms to identify abnormalities in the heart.
- Education: Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in diagnostic medical sonography from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) program.
- Also, requires certification from either, the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI);
- Likewise, BLS certification
2-4 years experience with a minimum of 3 years clinical experience.
Previous cardiac and/or vascular sonography experience.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.