Apply for Vacancy for Vascular Technologist at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Under general guidance, performs a full range of non-invasive vascular testing procedures
- Accompanies the provider into the exam room, updates or collects patient history and inputs patient data into the practice management system. Explains procedure to be performed to patient prior to procedure and answers any questions throughout.
- Also, performs non-invasive testing procedures to evaluate arterial and venous circulation using a hand held Doppler, pulse volume recorder, photoplethys-mography and duplex ultrasound imaging techniques.
- Likewise, performs more complex studies such as post-op graft evaluation, renal artery Duplex study, AVF/AVG evaluation and Endovascular Duplex study.
- Compiles test results for interpretation by physician. May also provide preliminary interpretation of test results. Notifies consulting physician of any unusual or abnormal reports.
- Additionally, ensures that complete, accurate and timely reports and billing is submitted and follow-up is completed.
- Furthermore, assists with the accreditation/reaccreditation process and assists in maintaining the accreditation status as required by IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission for Vascular Testing).
- Moreover, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Additionally, attends workshops, seminars and/or conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
- Likewise, responsible for maintaining a sterile environment.
- Additionally, assists with the review of cases and literature regarding patient care and research protocols, as well as the collection of data for publications.
Approximately 3 years of experience as a Vascular Technologist or Technician
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduation from an accredited diagnostic ultrasound vascular program.
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) certification
- Also, BLS Certification (issued by the American Heart Association)
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.