Apply for Vacancy for Vice President at Avila University in the USA. The category for this job is: Academic Vice Presidents and Provosts and Administrative Vice Presidents.
Avila University, a Catholic University founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, seeks a leader to serve as its next vice president for academic affairs. Likewise, this position supports faculty while being collaborative in a student-centered environment.
Avila University is dedicated to helping students learn through integrative and transformative learning experiences. Avila is proud of its heritage of graduating students who make meaningful contributions to the global community. With a strong background of vision and heritage from the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, Avila students experience a strong curriculum grounded in the liberal arts and professional studies. Also, through this strong curriculum, Avila students become leaders in our communities after having experiences through student organizations , internships, research opportunities, and many cultural activities on campus and in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
The vice president for academic affairs provides key leadership to the Academic Affairs area and has the following responsibilities:
- Direct academic functions and activities to execute operations, achieve strategic goals and increase efficiency.
- Similarly, serve as a member of the president’s cabinet representing Avila’s academic functions in support of Avila’s mission and values.
- Also, champion teaching and faculty-driven decision-making in instruction, curriculum development, academic policy and other aspects of faculty support.
- Additionally, lead administration of a broad array of academic support units and services.
- Furthermore, nurture partnerships and connections for academic functions across the Kansas City metropolitan area and state of Missouri.
- Develop future leaders while overseeing the academic programs as support by the deans and departmental chairpersons.
- Furthermore, provide leadership for program reviews, including accreditation, and develop new academic programs in cooperation with the appropriate academic program development process.
- Likewise, plan and allocate resources and participate in long-term planning efforts.
- Provide overall direction for recruitment and selection of all academic personnel; review and recommend appropriate action on appointment, retention, and tenure and promotion of faculty.
- Also, develop and apply financial plans and policies to meet changing academic needs and communicate effectively with internal and external constituents.
The candidates must have following experience for Vacancy for Vice President at Avila University in the USA:
- An earned doctorate, or the equivalent terminal degree,
- Also, a record of distinguished university teaching, scholarship and service to qualify for the rank of professor.
- Additionally, a proven discernible record of successful and innovative experience in leadership, administration and finance.
- Likewise, five or more years of experience with academic planning, including program development and innovation, program prioritization and assessment.
- Similarly, evidence of five years of successful higher education administrative leadership.
- Evidence of promoting excellence in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- At least seven years experience in academic administration
- Also, record of increasing responsibility and significant accomplishment in university leadership.
- Additionally, demonstrated experience working with institutional and programmatic accreditation.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey and advocate for institutional needs and achievement, both internally and externally.
- Likewise, experience working in a small liberal arts university.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.