Apply for Vacancy for Vice President at Avila University in the USA. The category for this job is Academic Vice Presidents and Provosts and Administrative Vice Presidents.
Avila University is a Catholic university founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJ). Also, Avila University does not discriminate against any applicant or student on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, color, disability, sexual orientation or national origin.
Avila University, a Catholic University founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, seeks a leader to serve as its next vice president for academic affairs. Also, this position supports faculty while being collaborative in a student-centered environment.
- Direct academic functions and activities to execute operations, achieve strategic goals and increase efficiency.
- Similarly, serve as a member of the president’s cabinet representing Avila’s academic functions in support of Avila’s mission and values.
- Likewise, champion teaching and faculty-driven decision-making in instruction, curriculum development, academic policy and other aspects of faculty support.
- Also, lead administration of a broad array of academic support units and services.
- Moreover, future partnerships and connections for academic functions across the Kansas City metropolitan area and state of Missouri.
- Additionally, develop future leaders while overseeing the academic programs as support by the deans and departmental chairpersons.
- Furthermore, plan and allocate resources and participate in long-term planning efforts.
- Provide overall direction for recruitment and selection of all academic personnel; review and recommend appropriate action on appointment, retention, and tenure and promotion of faculty.
- Also, develop and apply financial plans and policies to meet changing academic needs and communicate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- At least seven years experience in academic administration
- Also, a record of increasing responsibility and significant accomplishment in university leadership.
- Demonstrated experience working with institutional and programmatic accreditation.
- Additionally, demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey and advocate for institutional needs and achievement, both internally and externally.
- Experience working in a small liberal arts university.
- Requires the analytical ability to interpret technical and detailed guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Also, evaluate information in the development of new solutions for complex technical and/or managerial problems.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in recommending solutions.
- Additionally, acts as a focal point for recommending hiring/termination decisions, performance management, salary increases and disciplinary actions and/or budget management.
- Furthermore, uses creativity and collaborative empowerment in addressing unusual challenges faced within Academic Affairs and among university units and constituents.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.