Apply for Vacancy for Website Manager at University of Michigan in the USA. The category for this job is Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs.
The Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning is searching for a website manager to manage the college’s web initiatives by leading advancements in web-based technologies, web development, and design. You would be responsible for the creation, development, site maintenance, and design of online tools promoting degrees and college news to internal audiences, the U-M community, alumni, and other external audiences.
- Design website architecture/navigation and develop, deploy, and maintain web solutions for the college, in alignment with information architecture, latest accessibility guidelines, and web design emerging and standard practices.
- Guide a shared vision for information architecture and user experience, and facilitate refreshing site design as needed.
- Moreover, monitor and maintain changes in site architecture and advocate to sustain the site’s design integrity and adherence to SEO best practices.
- Recommend site design and technology recommendations based on user feedback, as well as through the monitoring/regular reporting of website analytics.
- Also, interface directly with users, in-house writers, graphic artists, content owners, as well as with outside freelancers/contractors. Manage web vendor relationships.
- Create and manage an update schedule for website content to streamline annual content update needs, in partnership with content creators.
- Likewise, troubleshoot issues that arise related to function and display of web content, including browser compatibility and accessibility issues, among others; this includes participating in website Q&A prior to launch.
- Similarly, stay current of emerging technologies in the web and mobile space to advance the college’s mission, advocating for changes that aid the organization.
- Regularly compile, analyze, and report user statistics to identify opportunities for improvement in website/page use, using Google Analytics and mapping tools like HotJar. Provide guidance and recommendations toward continuous website improvement, and the strategic use of the web to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Furthermore, identify, recommend, and employ the use of current and emerging web applications to effectively.
- Additionally, represent Taubman College to internal IT stakeholders, and participate in U-M IT communities, to enable adoption of new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Moreover, minimum 5-7 years project management and development experience with other websites, mobile technologies, and design
- Knowledge and experience installing, developing and theming complex Drupal websites. As well as standard graphics applications, web-based programming languages, tools and technologies, and other design-related applications is essential
- Also, experience reporting out on advances in web and mobile applications, as well as website analytics. Likewise, Google Tag Manager, and a desire to always integrate the most up-to-date technologies in pursuit of achieving higher performance
- Ability to ensure web accessibility using ARIA landmarks and validating HTML/CSS
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Also, experience in website management in an academic setting
- Experience with online email systems, CRM systems, InDesign and/or intranets
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.