There is an application call for Senior Program Associate at WFP in Gambia. The deadline for the application is 10th July 2021.
Title of Post: Senior Programme Associate (Operations)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term (FT)
Unit/ Division: Programme and Policy
Duty Station Banjul, The Gambia
Duration: One year
WFP Gambia’s Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2019-2021 aims to support the Government in reaching the National Development Plan (2017-2021)’s goals through investments in sectors relevant to Sustainable Development Goal 2. Additionally, this CSP positions WFP as an enabler for the Government. Likewise, combines direct implementation and capacity support in the enhancement of the national transition process.
The incumbent will have the following duties
1.Support the coordination and implementation of nutrition activities including food distributions for prevention and treatment of malnutrition.
2. Also, support capacity strengthening of NGO partners and government counterparts in the areas of data collection and reporting, assessments, targeting, protections and gender.
3. Support design and implementation of Nutrition Education, Counselling and Social and Behavioural Change Communication Activities.
4. Likewise, contribute towards the development of nutrition and other program activities including through the development of concept notes, project activity reports and forecasting of available resource to avoid pipeline breaks during implementation.
Also, coordinate with cooperating partners for the accurate timely submission of data for timely recording into COMET before the corporate deadlines.
6. Additionally, contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting (through data analysis, consolidation) on programs and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
7. Also, preparation and review of budgets received from cooperating partners to make sure it is in line with the project activities and also in accordance with the approve payment rates.
The incumbent must meet the following requirements
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Working knowledge of the English language
Must have a minimum of 6 years work experience.
Participated in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
• Implemented programs with increased level of responsibility.
• Also, provided input to policy discussions.
-Provided guidance to other colleagues when face with challenges at work
-Likewise, demonstrated ability to analyze and consolidate qualitative and quantitative data information from different sources
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|