Apply for Finance Officer at United Nations World Food Program (WFP) in Nepal. The deadline for this application is 21st January 2021.
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Maintain awareness of corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives. Also, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Also, contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies. Additionally, processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Likewise, report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Moreover, monitor budgets, and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Additionally, perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
- Likewise, where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, providing management with financial, staffing and resource usage information to enable them to make informed decisions.
Education: Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject. With additional 4 or more years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body. Such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Furthermore, focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Moreover, make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.