UNDP Finance Associate in Philippines
UNDP Finance Associate will work under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Analyst and will work in close collaboration with Operations, Programme, Project Staff and other UN Agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
To achieve the above objectives, UNDP Philippines requires the services of a qualified Finance Associate for the following tasks:
Ensures implementation of operational and financial management strategies, adapts processes and procedures:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework;
- Provision of inputs for implementation of cost reduction strategies in consultation with the office management;
- Support in the preparation of project documents and UNDP agreements especially in relation to Direct Project Charge policies and procedures;
- Monitor and attribution of contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
Ensures administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation and modifications of budgets for UNDP management projects, follow-up with HQs on ASL for management projects.
- Presentation of researched information for planning and status of financial resources of the CO.
- Facilitate KK processing in coordination with Senior Management;
- Support inter-unit cost recovery mechanisms (UPL, LPL)
- Timely preparation of cost-recovery bills in Quantum for the services provided by UNDP, implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
Check: European Union in Georgia Short film Contest 2024
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NIM projects; preparation of all types of vouchers; Pay Cycle and payments execution.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals.
- Timely accounts closure
- Provide support with the Year-End Financial Closing of Accounts and meet the corporate reporting deadline;
- Preparation of financial reports as required.
- Timely VAT reimbursements if applicable and monitoring and attribution of GLOC by the Government.
Ensures proper CO cash management functioning, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and accurate support to GSSU for bank reconciliations.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals in Quantum.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in financial management.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Provides Finance Support to UN agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments of UN agencies; preparation of documentation for GSSU vouchers processing and on-behalf of UN Quantum and non- Quantum Agencies;
- Timely corrective actions on unposted invoices, including the invoices with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved invoices.
Ensures coordination with GSSU and UN agencies, focusing on the achievement of the following results;
- Timely processing of payment invoices and sending of remittance advice to UN agencies
- Ensure Financial Authorization are received by the CO before processing of payments and follow-up agency for non-receipt
- Coordinate the creation of supplier profiles and resolution of budget errors between GSSU and UN Agencies
- Ensure timely and accurate billing for all services rendered to UN agencies.
Also Check: World Bank Internship Program (BIP) 2024 (Fully Funded)
Provide any additional support as required by the Finance Analyst and/or Operations Manager.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization
Required Skills and Experience for UNDP Finance Associate
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in accounting and/or Finance. University degree in Finance or Accounting desirable. Part-qualified accountants from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage. (The degree must state that the major is in accounting or finance. Degrees in Business Administration or Public Administration are not considered equivalent.)
- Fully Qualified Accountant, from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy or Full Completion of the UNDP Finance Training and Certification Programme (FTCP). No UNDP Accountancy and Finance Test (AFT) is required.
- Candidates with no professional accountancy qualifications, but with degrees that major in accountancy and/or finance must complete UNDP Finance Training and Certification Programme (FTCP), if recruited. However, no UNDP Accountancy and Finance Test (AFT) is required.
- Candidate with no professional accountancy qualifications but with relevant experience must successfully undertake UNDP Accountancy and Finance Test (AFT) before shortlisting and must complete the UNDP Finance Training and Certification Programme (FTCP), if recruited.
You should check out: 2024 Microsoft Internship (Fully Funded Internship)
- Minimum of seven (7) years (with Secondary education) or four (4) years (with Bachelor´s degree) of relevant experience in accounting and or Finance.
- Proficiency in finance and accounting
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, along with experience in handling web-based management systems and ERP financials
- Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is desirable.
- Proficiency in ERP systems is advantageous.
- Familiarity with various business processes, including procurement, financial management, and project closure, is advantageous.
- Additional desirable qualifications include knowledge in programming applications, statistical analysis, design, and/or project management.
- Accounting certification, or CPA would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills. Fluency in Pilipino