UNDP Information Technology Expert
UNDP Information Technology Expert works in close collaboration with the ASYCUDA Technical and Functional teams ensuring successful performance and compliance in programme management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in designing, development and implementation of the Computer Application Systems, modules and any software components needed to support the implementation of ASYCUDA World System in Customs.
- Help in developing Systems and module graphical interfaces, web modules, database modules, application reports and statistics, and any software components needed to deliver complete and functional applications Systems required by the ASYCUDA Systems.
Support performance of all necessary software maintenance, including coding, testing, debugging, upgrading and modifications of software required.
- Assist in Preparation of relevant materials/documentation for implementation of new modules or update of existing modules in ASYCUDA World System.
Promote design and implementation of Systems and software technical specifications based on business requirements provided by Customs Services.
- Provide the necessary technical support and work on a team basis to all members of the ASYCUDA team to accomplish the software development and implementation tasks as required.
- Assist in preparation of monthly & quarterly software project status reports describing the development of the above activities and any issues that may emerge, with conclusions and recommendations as required.
Check: (Fully Funded) CERN Technical Student Program, Switzerland
Required Skills and Experience for UNDP Information Technology Expert
- At least completion of Secondary Education is required. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Application or similar field is desirable.
- Completion of recognized advanced Project Management or Customs related course is an advantage.
- Completion of Ms. Office and other relevant courses. Excellent computer skills, including full command of text and spreadsheet programmes, data bases and web-based communication tools.
- At least 7 years of proven work experience in Information Technology, Computer Programs Development or other relevant field is required with Secondary Education or minimum 4 years of Work experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience in the usage of IT-based tools, processes, and MIS in support of Business process simplification and processes is highly desirable.
- Proven Experience of working with governmental organizations or customs service is an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Tajik and Russian languages is a must.
Also Check: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development