Apply for Vacancy for Admin Assistant at International Labor Organization in Papua New Guinea. The deadline for this application is 31st December 2021.
The EU funded Support to Rural Entrepreneurship, Investment and Trade project (STREIT) aims to contribute to the sustainable and inclusive economic development in East Sepik and Sandaun Provinces in Papua New Guinea. The ILO inputs to this project will improve access to communities and markets by rehabilitating and maintaining transport infrastructure such as rural roads, wharves and jetties.
In accordance with the needs and priorities of the project, the Finance and Admin Assistant will provide services from among the following duties:
- Perform a range of specialized finance and administrative support functions and services for operational and payment-related work of the project
- Also, process accounts receivable including billing, adjustments and changes. Administer cash receipts and petty cash;
- Likewise, undertake monthly bank reconciliation and follow up on outstanding issues including contacting banks to clarify issues on account statements;
- Moreover, monitor expenditure and budget allocations, updating information on local currency bank accounts and informing supervisor when funds need to be replenished;
- Also, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes. Prepare inputs, run reports and extract and compile financial data and present information on the status of financial resources of the project to support analysis and reporting needs;
- Likewise, respond to requests for general information and routine queries on status of payments and other budgetary issues.
Completion of secondary school education.
Minimum of six years of operational or administrative support work experience including providing financial operations support services. Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
Excellent command of English. Knowledge of the main local language(s) is preferable.
- Knowledge of financial administration and/or accounting techniques;
- Also, knowledge of international accounting standards such as International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or other international or national accounting standards;
- Moreover, good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office;
- Additionally, ability to interpret and work within the applicable financial rules and regulations, policies and procedures;
- Also, ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems;
- Likewise, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Similarly, sense of responsibility to maintain data integrity.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.