Apply for Vacancy for Admin Assistant at UNHCR in Zambia. The deadline for this job is 18th January 2021.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office, and/or to the Unit as a whole to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are properly implemented. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. Also, the assignments are mostly standard tasks including limited interpretation of subject matter and information exchange between staff in the office, at the duty station and external officials of other institutions to ensure mutual understanding.
- Arrange appointments/meetings both internal and external, some involving high ranking officials.
- Moreover, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls, respond to routine requests for information and take notes at meetings.
- Likewise, maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
- Also, receive, review, sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence, office pouch and material, highlight priority items and attach necessary background information. Maintain a follow up system.
- Additionally, may be required to maintain/update confidential files.
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
- Furthermore, facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
- Similarly, maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately.
- Also, communication
- Likewise, organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Moreover, commitment to Continuous Learning
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Furthermore, for National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- Also, for General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.