Apply for Vacancy for Administrative Assistant at International Labor Organization in Nigeria. The deadline for this job is 18th May 2021.
At the United Nations Climate Action Summit in 2019, 46 countries committed to develop national plans for a just transition through social dialogue and decent work through green jobs, enabling ambitious action for a sustainable work future.
- Compile, summarize and present a variety of information and data to the supervisor on issues pertinent to the Office’s work program; including on budgets, staffing levels and structures of programs and/or projects, and other related topics or issues
- Moreover, manage all administrative tasks, including logistical support to the project personnel, travel arrangements, visas, hotel reservation and provide logistics arrangements for conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings and other events in Nigeria.
- Also, maintain and update databases. Perform basic searches for information and prepare and update periodic reports, background information, briefing notes and statistical summaries
- Maintain and update spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes
- Likewise, respond to requests for general information and routine queries on status of payments and other budgetary issues.
- Keep abreast of changes to relevant program-related policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties, providing further clarification as required.
- Also, keep abreast of developments in the country which may have an impact on areas for ILO assistance and collaboration/development cooperation.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Completion of secondary education and training in an area related to general administration and office and finance support
- Minimum of five years of office support work experience, including in program and budget support work and project administration.
- Also, proven experience of implementing technical cooperation projects. Familiarity for projects in the area of environmental sustainability is an asset.
Excellent command of English and a good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of program and budget and through understanding of wide range of administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with word processing, spread sheet, web-browser, as well as other computer software packages required for work.
- Also, thorough knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems. •Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Likewise, ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing and ability to communicate with people in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner, and ability to post and provide information on ILO website
- Also, ability to organize own work and to work independently as well as work in a team
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.