Apply for Vacancy for Administrative Assistant at UNESCO in France. The deadline for this job is 24th February 2021.
The post is located in the Division of Conferences, Languages and Documents and works under the overall authority of the Director and the direct supervision of the Chief of the Support Unit. S/he serves as the principle assistant in the Support Unit and assumes a proactive and lead role in providing support in a range of specialized areas and in the interpretation and application of complex administrative, HR and financial rules and procedures. S/he may assign work and provide guidance to lower level support staff and/or brief and advice staff at various levels on administrative matters.
- Plan, coordinate and perform administrative support functions in areas such as human resources, finance, and program and budget.
- Also, prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports and documentation on general administrative or specialized tasks, which may be of a confidential nature;
- Likewise, provide interpretation and guidance on work processes and the application of administrative/HR/Financial rules and procedures, and advise/assist other staff in these areas.
- Additionally, arrange for and/or attend meetings on a variety of administrative matters, make recommendations for new or revised procedures and practices, interpret and evaluate the impact of proposed changes, and advise the supervisor on their implementation.
- Recommend process and system related modifications and improvements to administrative support and financial monitoring and control provided by the Support Unit to ensure its efficient functioning.
- Moreover, carry out quality control of all outgoing documents and verify work of other staff members, ensuring accuracy and adherence to UNESCO standards.
- Monitor and follow up on non-routine or complex cases, which may be of a confidential or sensitive nature; study administrative and personnel issues and provide information as required.
- Similarly, suggest most appropriate and financially sound solutions for the engagement of personnel/individual contractors/consultants in compliance with relevant UNESCO Rules and Regulations and AIIC/AITC-UNCEB provisions.
- Likewise, liaise with central services (HRM, BFM, OPS, KMI etc) to discuss and obtain additional information, clarifications, and policy interpretation as and when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of financial activities under RP and OPF funds.
- Compile and consolidate data from various sources into financial statements and prepare worksheets. Monitor expenditures, review payments and reconcile accounts.
- Moreover, investigate anomalies and erroneous charges and take corrective action and/or propose/discuss solutions with the Chief of the Support Unit.
- Assist in controlling the Division’s accounts and proposing relevant adjustments for optimal budget utilization.
- Likewise, perform operations for authorizing and making expenditures under all types of funding, prepare, consolidate budget data, and update databases.
- Control and/or prepare cost estimates and follow up with concerned work units/colleagues.
- Also, prepare budget-related reports and statistics ensuring that data is correct; identify irregularities and undertake transactions to correct errors/omissions and support the preparation of program and budget and work plan documentation.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including drafting skills.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills; ability to establish priorities and monitor own work plans; flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Also, ability to work under pressure, to deal with complex situations and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Similarly, strong service/client orientation.
- Additionally, ability to contribute to teambuilding.
- Professional integrity and good sense of judgement.
- Likewise, discretion, tact, diplomacy.
- Excellent IT skills good knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
- Specialized training/certification in administrative or related fields.
- Experience in an international environment.
- Professional work experience in the field of chargeback operations.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.