Apply for Vacancy for Advisor Consultant at World Food Program in Italy. The deadline for this job is 2nd March 2021.
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Also, the mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position will support the Protection Unit of the World Food Program (WFP) in Rome, and its execution of the new Protection and Accountability Policy. Likewise, the Protection Unit undertakes a wide range of activities associated with mainstreaming protection in key areas of WFP’s work, including in the development of strategic plans, frameworks, and standard procedures within other divisions of WFP, as well as in the engagement of its entire range of stakeholders, of which the most critical are the affected people it aims to serve.
- Identify key controls, their attributes in different operating contexts and the options to measure their presence and functioning in line with WFP’s Internal Control Framework.
- Also, review the WFP Enterprise Risk Management Framework and map the risk categories that reference AAP concepts. Likewise, identify key risk indicators to provide an indication of whether AAP efforts are in line with WFP’s risk appetite.
- Additionally, assess the effectiveness of internal controls, governance and risk management processes related to WFP’s IASC commitments on AAP.
- However, develop a framework for envisioning the future, outlining the pathway to the desired state of maturity and thus facilitating the development of action or improvement plans.
- Develop benchmarks for the organization to compare maturity levels internally and externally.
Advanced university degree in audit, governance, risk management and control, or a related field. A first University Degree with two additional years of relevant work experience from the minimum experience requirement stated below.
- Eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in risk management and control, or a related field is required.
- Also, experience in developing and testing maturity frameworks.
- Likewise, experience working in a conflict and post-conflict settings
- Prior experience dealing with protection issues from humanitarian and peacekeeping perspectives is desired.
Knowledge and skills:
- In-depth knowledge of risk management and control, monitoring and evaluation, metrics, reporting systems.
- Also, advanced research and analytical skills, report writing and quality assurance.
- Likewise, proven ability to network effectively with multiple work units.
- Moreover, willingness to build capacity of others through formal and informal training processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines, deliver results through planning and organizing activities.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.