Vacancy for Affair Officer at Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean in Chile. The deadline of position is 20th June 2021.
Organizational Setting and Reporting
This position will be temporarily vacant for a period of three months. This position is located in the International Trade, Integration and Infrastructure Division. The Economic Affairs Officer reports to the Chief of the Division.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Division, the Economic Affairs Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develops socio-economic databases and qualitative information for recurrent or ad hoc assignments in areas related to international trade and integration.
- Also, applies and, as necessary, adapts economic analysis to determine trends, patterns and relationships and the effects of alternative policies and assumptions.
- Drafts technical papers and analytical studies on topics related to his (her) field of specialization.
- Likewise, identifies and analyses policy proposals made elsewhere relating to assigned topics.
- Attends international, regional, and national meetings to collect information and to hold discussions with colleagues in other institutions.
- Additionally, assists in the organization and servicing of expert group meetings, seminars, etc. on development issues.
- Furthermore, prepares speeches and other inputs for presentations by senior staff.
- Participates in missions related to her (his) field of specialization.
- Additionally, prepares documentation for technical cooperation programs and projects.
- Contributes to the preparation of material for the approval of regional, country or sector technical cooperation projects.
- Furthermore, monitors, backstops and assesses the implementation of technical cooperation programs and projects.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics or related field.
- Also, a first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in research on international trade and economic development.
- Also, experience in drafting documents on subjects related to his (her) field of specialization.
- Additionally, experience in the collection, compilation and dissemination of statistical data and working with advanced quantitative methods for policy analysis
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in Spanish and knowledge of English
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.