Apply for Vacancy for Affairs Officer at United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan. The deadline for this application is ongoing.
This position is located within the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA). The Political Affairs Officer will be based in Kabul in the Office of the DSRSG Political and serve as member of the Front Office team. Also, the incumbent reports to the more senior Special Assistant in the Office of the DSRSG-Political.
- Identify, analyze and monitor political developments, trends and emerging issues with respect to the implementation of UNAMA’s mandate. Including monitoring and analyzing the progress related to peace and reconciliation.
- Also, assess implications and make recommendations on possible policies, strategies and other measures to address issues of concern and to advance mandated objectives.
- Similarly, support relationships with UN Common System colleagues and counterparts, Government representatives, civil society actors, academic and research institutions, and other national and international partners on information-sharing, policy and coordination matters.
- Moreover, consult and cooperate with partners to develop strategies and plans of action to address political challenges, in pursuit of shared objectives;
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the unit’s program of work, including through support to planning and budgetary processes.
- Advanced university degree in political science, international relations, social sciences, law, public administration, or related field.
- Also, a first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs. Also, diplomacy, conflict resolution, or related field.
- Moreover, experience in political outreach, facilitation, analysis, advice and reporting
- Additionally, previous experience in reporting or drafting analytical reports for senior leadership under time constraints and in crisis settings.
- Recent experience of working in or on Afghanistan or the region is desirable.
- Experience in supporting a senior official of an international organization is desirable.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.