Apply for Vacancy for Affairs Officer at United Nations Volunteers in Mongolia. The deadline for this job is 8th August 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers program is a United Nations organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Additionally, volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
Description of Tasks:
- Maintaining awareness of current humanitarian affairs and related issues, to include relevant political, policy, gender considerations or other developments in specific subject areas;
- Also, responding to various inquiries and information requests internally and externally;
- Participating in technical assistance, disaster assessment or other missions, including country level response preparedness, and response including finalizing country response plans.
- Similarly, supporting the production of appeals for international assistance and strategic response plans; ensures the proper use and spending of donor contributions channeled through OCHA if necessary;
- Additionally, assisting in the design and preparation of studies on humanitarian, disaster, emergency relief and related issues and in various follow-up activities;
- Researching, analyzing and presenting information gathered from diverse sources on assigned topics/issues;
- Contributing to the preparation of various written documents, e.g. drafts sections of studies, background papers etc;
- Assisting in the organization of meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. with agencies and other partners to facilitate exchanges of views on specific humanitarian- related subjects/issues; serves as a reporter to such events;
- Furthermore, render efficient, timely, responsive, client-friendly, and high-quality coordination support and services to colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally and the Humanitarian Country Team;
- Additionally, developing and maintaining reference/resource information on specific topics or policy-related issues.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in disaster management, humanitarian affairs, and/or response preparedness approaches;
- Also, previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Likewise, proficiency in various MS Office applications and the ability to generate ad hoc electronic documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities