Apply for Vacancy for Associate Investigator at International Criminal Court in the Netherlands. The deadline for this job is 12th February 2021.
The investigation teams are comprised of investigators and analysts from the Investigation Division (ID) and work in the context of the integrated teams of the Office of the Prosecutor (OTP), who are responsible for the investigation and prosecution of the different cases.
- Collect, screen and handle information and evidence in accordance with standard operating procedures;
- Also, conduct interviews with victims, witnesses and suspects producing written or audio/videorecorder records of interview;
- Undertake the review and analysis of material and make recommendations for the next steps in the investigations including actively contributing to evidence review and the disclosure process;
- Moreover, manage contacts with external persons including victims, witnesses and intermediaries;
- Likewise, plan and participate in field missions;
- Testify before the Chamber
- Also, perform other duties
Advanced university degree; preferably in Law, Criminology or other related fields, for example in Human Rights, Psychology, Journalism, or Law enforcement.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in either, criminal/financial investigations, investigations of serious human rights violations or investigative analysis, with a special focus on complex, large-scale cases;
- However, same level of professional experience working with NGO’s/IGO’s/International Commissions of Enquiry, with a special focus on complex, large-scale cases;
- Experience conducting interviews with victims, witnesses or suspects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to administrate and handle complex and voluminous amounts of information and evidence;
- Good research, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Also, knowledge of the requirements of international criminal law concerning the elements of crimes and modes of liability;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions;
- Furthermore, flexibility and adaptability to changing environment and plans;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment in a nondiscriminatory manner, with respect for diversity;
- High standards of professional and personal integrity.
Knowledge of Languages:
Proficiency in one of the working languages of the Court, English or French, is required. Working knowledge of the other is a strong asset. Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) would be considered an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.