Apply for Vacancy for Associate Specialist at The Global Fund in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is 5th July 2021.
Associate Specialist, Health Finance – GL C – 1 X French desirable and 1 X French and/or Arabic and/or Portuguese desirable (Reposted) The Associate Specialist, Health Finance plays a key role in supporting high-quality technical support to Global Fund country teams and countries, as a member of the Country Support and STC Team of the Health Finance Department. Working under the supervision of the Senior Specialist, Health Finance and other stakeholders in the Health Finance Department. Also, the Associate Specialist Health Finance supports the provision of technical support and advice to specific Global Fund country teams and countries in order to strengthen domestic financing, sustainability, and value for money of Global Fund supported programs.
- Supports inputs into and development of materials for internal reviews of health financing / STC aspects of specific Global Fund grants and country portfolios, including supporting TRP reviews, PPCs, pre-GACs, etc.
- Similarly, Supports with data validation for a specific region of the Global Fund portfolio, in collaboration with Strategic Advice and PMO Team and as part of ongoing Health Finance investment case development, strategy targets, KPI reporting, replenishment efforts, etc.
- Contributes to the development of analysis and evidence generation on Health Finance and STC themes for country teams / regional teams for specific regional portfolio.
- Also, supports the mitigation of Health Finance related risks for specific regional portfolio
- As relevant, supports efforts to strengthen capacity of Grant Management Staff and/or other stakeholders to strengthen how the Global Fund leverages investments, monitors co-financing commitments, and uses health and disease spending information to appropriately contextualize grant implementation and support strategic investment decisions.
- Additionally, as needed, contributes to external engagements of the Global Fund related to Health Finance, STC and or other relevant topics (linked to the specific regional portfolio)
- Contributes to the effective implementation of relevant Strategic Initiatives (including the STE-SI and IF SI) and partner-financed technical assistance for the specific regional portfolio, including supporting country teams with the implementation of technical assistance projects
- Likewise, contributes to the implementation of joint financing priorities (as relevant) for the specific regional portfolio
- Supports other priorities as jointly identified with Grant Management Regional Teams and the Senior Specialist, Health Finance
- Furthermore, contributes to the effective implementation of advocacy priorities (as relevant) for the specific regional portfolio
- Additionally, contributes to other initiatives relevant to the regional portfolio, including supporting the Senior Specialist and Health Finance department with project management of individual projects.
- University Degree in economics, public health, management, development studies, or a related / relevant field
- Advanced university degree in related field
- Experience supporting the implementation of development and/or public health initiatives, preferably in the development finance space
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Also, proven ability to build and maintain strong coordination and collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Likewise, demonstrated experience providing high-quality technical and/or project management support to stakeholders supporting the implementation of public health, development, and/or development finance initiatives, preferably within the Global Health space (or other comparable professional experience)
- Additionally, proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, adapt work style & maintain strong coordination collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, adapt work style & maintain strong coordination / collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- 2 – 4 years specific demonstrated experience in or related to health financing, expenditure tracking, public financing, health financing reforms, sustainability and transition or comparable areas
- Also, in country experience supporting the implementation of development financing or development initiatives, preferably within the global health space
- Strong background in provision of technical support, technical assistance, and/or other support to diverse teams
- Similarly, specific language skills relevant to the prioritized region (as per the description in competencies below)
- Likewise, experience working with the Global Fund, including Global Fund country teams.
- Global Fund awareness and mind-set
- Similarly, Service orientation
- Drive for results
- Also, collaboration
- Additionally, Adaptability
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.