Apply for Vacancy for Civil Engineer at UN Women in PNG. The deadline for this job is 14th May 2021.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- Review and report to the SPD Program Manager on the earlier structural & architectural generic designs preliminary designs for the markets in Tari and Wewak;
- Also, approve the two market sites assessment by visiting and give technical guidance to be included in the construction technical proposal
- Likewise, drafting of specifications for civil engineering works & other similar works;
- Prepare draft of BOQs and Internal cost estimate before initiating the procurement processes
- Worked on different types of construction contracts and contract management & administration;
- Additionally, advise the structure of the Construction Management Team
- Periodic On-site management of contractors, supervision & project monitoring etc.;
- Moreover, track project costs and prepare reports accordingly;
- Validate monitoring reports and submit consolidated periodic reports
- Cover letter explaining the suitability of the consultant: applicants are encouraged to address experience and qualifications listed in the ‘criteria for technical evaluation’.
- Also, curriculum Vitae (CV) of Consultant including references.
- Personal History Form (P-11 Form).
- Likewise, copies of certified academic certifications.
Education and certification:
- First degree/master’s degree in civil engineering or related discipline from a recognized university
- Also, professional registration with the PNG Professional Engineers Registration Board and membership of the Institution of Engineers PNG is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in Civil Engineering works, with at least 3 years involvement in the procurement of civil works contracts
- Furthermore, familiarity, experience with FIDIC
- Knowledge of procurement, tendering and contracting regulations, requirements of international organizations
- Likewise, knowledge and apprehension of common recognized Civil Engineering Contract Conditions
- Advanced knowledge of computers, Microsoft packages, AutoCAD
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.