Apply for Vacancy for Communication Specialist at UNHCR in Switzerland. The deadline for this application is ongoing.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a
better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year,
millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and
persecution. Likewise, the organization are in over 125 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for
• Lead the creation of the SharePoint Platform for UNCHR colleagues, in collaboration
with the DHR Communication Officer and the Digital Workplace team.
• Also, reach out to former UNCHR colleagues to source content to populate the platform.
• Likewise, collaborate with colleagues in the Personnel Administration Section to establish a
reporting system on retirements and deaths.
• Moreover, liaise with the retirees/former UNCHR community members to establish a core group to maintain content on the platform.
• Also, encourage an understanding of the community within UNHCR.
• Additionally, lead a small communication campaign around the retiree/former UNHCR platform and community.
Have an undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations or
similar relevant field plus minimum of 1 years of relevant experience at a professional
• Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Also, have experience in engagement and outreach with Internet web content and Content
• Likewise, have excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential).
• Also, experience with Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing software is an asset.
• Moreover, knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
The successful candidate will start their contract in January, and the engagement will be for
three months. It is a full-time role, and while possible to work remotely from anywhere, the
team in Geneva will adhere to working hours starting from 9 am to 6pm Monday to Friday
(Geneva Time/CET), and the incumbent will be expected to keep similar hours.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|