Apply for Vacancy for Communications Analyst at UN Women at Kenya. The deadline for this job is 2nd February 2021.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace, and security.
- Provide substantive inputs to the development of the KCO communication strategy;
- Also, provide support to advocacy efforts and campaigns by organizing roundtable discussions, press conferences, online events, and other publicity events, and preparing briefing materials and press releases;
- Likewise, gives guidance and support to the program and other KCO staff on UN Women corporate communications guidelines and printing norms;
- Track and monitor print and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform strategy development;
- Moreover, provide inputs to Program in order to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into program formulation, as necessary.
- Respect for Diversity
- Also, professionalism
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Also, accountability
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Likewise, inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Moreover, leading by Example
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with clients
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality
- Also, excellent event planning skills
- Excellent knowledge of social media and communications strategy and methods
- Also, ability to identify relevant events and stories and communicate them to a mass audience
- Similarly, strong multimedia skills
- Knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment in Kenya
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism or related field is required
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in providing support to the formulation and implementation of internal and external communications and advocacy strategies and related plans;
- Likewise, experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) as well as web-based management systems;
- Experience in the use of social media and digital communications.
- Fluency in English is required
- Furthermore, working knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.