Apply for Vacancy for Communications Analyst at United Nations Population Fund in Mongolia. The deadline for this job is 25th March 2021.
In order to support public advocacy efforts on priority issues that affect the lives of women, girls, and youths in Mongolia, you will use communication platforms including social media and the website. You work closely with program teams in the office to communicate with media, the public, and donors on UNFPA’s work, as well as with the UN Communications Group to collaborate on engaging and informing the general public about the UN’s mandates.
- Providing critical analysis and communication advice to the CO, including through environmental scanning of the media.
- Contributing to CO formulation, development and updating of an advocacy and communication strategy by collecting inputs on UNFPA position in respect to key national policy challenges, compiling relevant data and conducting audience research as needed.
- Also, coordinating special events and activities to promote UNFPA position on key national development challenges especially for young people and women and vulnerable groups, and related program goals, including for relevant UN commemoration days.
- Moreover, maintaining up to date promotional materials and visuals.
- Likewise, drafting and editing articles, press releases, human stories and other advocacy /information materials for both web based and traditional media.
Advanced university degree in Political Science, Media Studies, Communication, Public Relations, and other communications related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of communication.
- Also, experience with communications-related success metrics, such as social media performance monitoring
- Likewise, knowledgeable in communications approaches and best practices, particularly for advocacy and development projects
- Comprehensive understanding of Mongolian media and audience contexts
- Moreover, extensive network of Mongolian media connections is highly desired
- Photography skills, video editing skills, and graphic designing skills are highly desired
- Also, previous experience on building effective partnerships with members of the media, NGOs, Government officials, international and national organizations, business groups, and others is a plus.
Fluency in written and spoken Mongolian and English.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.