Apply for Vacancy for Communications Officer at International Finance Corporation in USA. The deadline for this job is 3rd August 2021.
IFC’s Corporate Support Vice Presidency is responsible for communications, outreach and partnerships, alongside other core functions including human resources, budget, and information and technology systems. Also, the Vice Presidency supports the implementation of IFC’s business strategy for effective delivery of our programs to clients and partners, in close collaboration with relevant counterparts across the World Bank Group.
- Responsible for all internal and external communications for IFC’s SVPO in support of the successful implementation of the Corporation’s strategic business objectives.
- Also, coordinate with regional, industry, and executive communication colleagues to identify external engagements and thought leadership opportunities for the SVPO.
- Likewise, lead the SVPO’s social media engagements, including developing and implementing a robust social media plan, including drafting tweets and other posts.
- Manage the SVPO’s staff communication and engagement program, including drafting of a weekly message to all Operations staff and maintaining a calendar of ongoing staff events, including townhalls and staff drop-in sessions.
- Additionally, handle day-to-day communications needs for the SVPO, including drafting and editing of emails, talking points, and key messages; ensure the SVPO’s communications are high quality and high impact.
- Help forge relationships with key internal and external constituencies, including the media, businesses, academia, etc. Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships, both inside and outside the WBG, to strengthen the SVPO’s overall effectiveness.
- Furthermore, serve as trusted adviser to the SVPO, providing strategic communications guidance, including on sensitive topics which required the utmost discretion.
- As part of the Global Business Partners’ leadership team, work closely with Regional Communications leads and their teams on implementing the IFC’s strategic and operational narrative in a coherent and consistent manner across all regions.
- Also, work across the Communications and Outreach Department to provide high level communication and editorial content support that is aligned with IFC’s operations.
- Strong knowledge base in the field of strategic communications; able to take the lead on highly visible and sensitive assignments.
- Also, knowledge of World Bank Group operations and communication work a strong plus.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Likewise, demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audience; highly effective writing style, and expertise in high-impact messaging to wider and more strategic audience.
- Crafts strategic, high-level company positioning in the market, linked to desired reputation and branding attributes
- Similarly, shows finesse and good judgement when delivering politically sensitive communication to large group/public forums and/or strategic parties.
- Can proactively advise management on the implications and risks for IFC operations when choosing between certain communication strategies. Creates highly effective strategic vision and has an uncanny sense of how situations can unfold.
- Furthermore, experience in working closely with senior leaders on communications and in dealing with media.
- Proven ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex tasks, meet deadlines, provide quality outputs.
- Similarly, proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment and function as a strong team player.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.